Contact Us

C L Dodds Building Services
Perham Down
Hampshire SP11 9JR
Tel: 01980 601507
Mobile: 07795 411635

Our Services

Party Wall?

Party Wall to consider?

The Party Wall Act

If your property has an adjoining wall or walls with a neighbour, this could be of concern to you. Put simply, the adjoining wall between you and your neighbour's property is known as a party wall, and is owned by both of you. As a consequence, if either neighbour wishes to work on the wall then he/she must gain permission from the other to do so. Neither party can prevent work going ahead but, to avoid difficulty, dispute or added expense later, it is best to discuss your intended work fully with your adjoining owner before giving any notice to him/her in writing.

To view HMG 'Party Wall Act 1996' booklet see here

To produce a letter/acknowledgement for your neighbour, see here